Did you know that only one in five of the nearly 150 ecommerce executives we surveyed would rate their organization as having a ‘world-class’ data-driven culture? One in five.
With Amazon leading the pack and seemingly endless buzz about testing and personalization, it’s tempting to think that your organization has fallen behind in the race to a data-driven culture. But that thought piqued our curiosity: where are digital sellers at with data-based decisions, testing and personalization. Is it all just…talk?
In true Clearhead fashion, we took a data-driven approach to answer this question. We conducted a survey and in-depth interviews with nearly 150 of your digital peers to get a pulse for the current maturity of the digital optimization landscape, including:
- Data-Driven Culture
- A/B Testing Maturity and Capabilities
- Personalization Maturity and Capabilities
What we found is this: we’ve still got a lot of work to do. But the good news is you’re not alone and there are common themes to the challenges ahead.
Here’s a sneak peek of some of our findings:
- Only 1 in 5 retailers rate their organization as having a ‘world-class’ data-driven culture
- On average retailers rate their testing process and operations a 4.6 out of 10
- Only 17% of online retailers have a path to develop personalized experiences for customers
- Only 30% of retailers believe that the people required to execute testing are readily available
That’s just the beginning. The full report includes much more, including our take on the Seven Secrets to Building Data-Driven Culture that have been gleaned not only from this research, but also from experience as ecommerce executives, and our work with over 60 clients in the past years.
We’d love to hear your feedback. Where does your organization land as far as testing and personalization maturity go?